A World of Progress TeamZine has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http:// www.aworldofprogress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Local Spotlight...Locomotivity...Asheville North Carolina

Greetings All,

What? Could this actually be a post from the long lost Publisher of this little Zine?

Why Yes...it is.

I have been spending most of my time reading and scheduling all of the great posts you have been enjoying on AWOP TeamZine and today seemed like a good day to say hello and thanks to all our subscribers and Twitter followers alike.

It's been a long winter at altitude and now that spring has come to our part of Appalachia my partner and I find ourselves very close to moving back to the city. If you happen to live in Asheville or have ever visited you may have noticed it is a bit shall we say..."quirky"...yes the bumper stickers that say "Keep Asheville Weird" are not kidding. Why is it weird? Well... weird is a subjective word and when I use it I mean "quirky". I am from Texas and the closest thing there might be Austin but even Austin is not this quirky.

OK...I will try not to use that word again for the rest of this post.

I am beginning a new feature inspired by this beautiful day and a really great business idea. Great ideas made real deserve a little PR and I wish I had thought of this one!

If you are ever in Asheville and you need a place to hang and work online be sure and check out Locomotivity:

Locomotivity – The Power of Changing Place

Get out of your bedroom office! Move beyond Starbucks and Mountain Java! Locomotivity is the place where you can go to have a solid afternoon cranking out code, hammering away at a blog post, designing a new logo, surfing the web, or writing that next article.

Locomotivity is a collaborative, creative, fun and professional shared work space for freelancers and small/micro business owners in and around Asheville, NC. At Locomotivity you’ll find an energizing place to work where you are surrounded by other like-minded creatives and professionals. We bring people together who otherwise would be stuck in a basement office at home or at the local coffee shop.
This place is awesome and I highly recommend you check them out! Turns out Lance, the owner, is from a small town near the small town I lived in outside Dallas! Small world. They have a daily rate of 15.00 for all the coffee you can drink and blazing...RELIABLE internet! Need a space on a regular basis? Check out their various membership levels to meet anyones needs.

Stop in and see the cool space Lance has created in a great old Asheville period home at 224 Broadway...just a few blocks from downtown.

Hope you guys are having a great spring, so far!

Stay tuned for more local flavor from beautiful Asheville North Carolina!

**************************

Tweeters:
Click the "Tweet This" button and easily send us to your followers on Twitter.

Peace Y'all

4 comments:

  1. Man it is so good to see you Kim, I hope all is well and God bless honey. I've missed you.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed reading you, nice to have you back. Will think about what you say after I figure out what this 'starbucks' thing I gotta move beyond is. Moving down from the mountains here means moving out of the Great Nothern Forest, and that ain't happening. Got plenty of weird for the Old Injun Fella right here in Maine's mountains between alla the forest and human critters;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Y'all...

    lol...Mike...I don't think that starbuck's comment was for you buddy. In my logistical situation this new idea is wayyyyy better than relying on coffee shop internet. I am going to miss living in the mountains to be sure but it is time for me to return to the city for awhile. At least the mountains will never be more than 15 minutes away.

    Hey there Jodi : )
    Thanks! I hope to be doing a little more posting but as you can see the contributors hanging out with me here are doing a real fine job.

    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Great to see you and great to hear about quirky Asheville and Locomotivity! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Based on original Visionary template by Justin Tadlock
Visionary Reloaded theme by Blogger Templates

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform